Three conferences. One access pass. Incredible networking & industry engagement.
2022 is shaping up to be a cracker of a year with ENORMOUS potential for project development across the Northern Territory.
The NT is perfectly placed to provide a supermarket of energy and commodities to meet surging global demand.
- The Morrison Government, with the support of the Federal Labor Opposition, has recently announced a massive $1.5 billion capital injection to develop the Middle Arm Industrial Precinct, which is a game changer for resource project development in Northern Australia. This funding will develop more infrastructure for gas processing, liquids refining, critical minerals processing, hydrogen development and carbon capture and storage.
- Additionally $400 million has been allocated to establishing three new logistics hubs in Katherine, Tennant Creek, and Alice Springs
- A further $200 million will be used specifically to develop the Middle Arm Sustainable Development Precinct, including LNG liquefaction and downstream processing infrastructure
- The Federal Government is also making funding available (under the 2022 Critical Minerals Strategy) to develop projects in Northern Australia
- Decarbonisation and electrification is causing huge demand for future facing commodities such as lithium, copper, zinc (and others) to enable the energy transition – driving new exploration activity in the NT
- LNG prices are experiencing record highs given global supply issues and soaring demand, setting the scene for further expansion of LNG production in the NT
- Onshore gas projects in the NT continue to be developed providing exciting economic growth and infrastructure investment potential for the wider Katherine and Barkly regions.
- Record prices for fertilizer with surging global demand placing the opportunity front and centre to develop Northern Australia’s phosphate and potash deposits
- Darwin is vying to be one of Australia’s hydrogen hubs. Numerous hydrogen projects are proposed for the NT including the recently announced partnership between Aqua Aerem and Osaka Gas to develop the Desert Bloom project near Tennant Creek.
- Exciting potential for developing SunCable’s Australia-Asia Power link – exporting solar power from Tennant Creek to international export markets.
This is the year NOT to miss attending the preeminent gathering for the wider resources industry in Northern Australia – NT Resources Week.